Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Babies in Our Family!

Okay, I know, I know, I need to get better about posting on here, but maybe this will be the kick in my ass I need to get on it - my husband's step daughter from his first marriage and her best friend are pregnant! We really have sort of adopted them both, being 19 and 20, respectively, though due to being only a few years younger than me I have a weird part step-mom/part friend place in their lives. But it is awesome, and wonderful, and I'm possibly looking forward to it more excitedly than they are. We already started attending meetings with the Asheville Holistic Birth Collective (something else I just needed a kick in the ass to go do), and had an ill fated attempt at trying to get into the system at the local free clinic so as to procure Medicaid, WIC, free shit, etc.
For now, I'm renewedly interested in a subject I felt like I needed to take a break from after two years of fixation while trying to conceive. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that with this new group meeting I will finally find some resources to try to get the zine up and going. So expect some more chatter, and linking to Asheville and internet sources for birth and pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment